If you are in the market for a new floor for your Cambridge home you may want to think about installing laminate – it long lasting, scratch resistant and is excellent for homes where there is high traffic such as children and pets. Here are some other benefits:
• It is highly durable. If you want a floor that will last a long time laminate will do it. Although it may not last as long as wood flooring it is still a great option because it will be a long time before you need to replace your floors.
• Laminate flooring is one of the easiest to install – the boards are designed to lock into one another. In fact, it is very easy to install laminate over other kinds of flooring and it doesn’t damage existing floors as it doesn’t have to be glued or stapled on.
• With laminate flooring you are getting the same look and finish as wooden flooring but without spending as much. Many people will tell you that they choose laminate because it is one of the cheapest types of flooring and it makes their home look and feel like it has hardwood floors.
• You can also get laminate flooring that looks like stone flooring or tiles. It is really up to you to decide on what kind of finish you want.
• Laminate is stain resistant and doesn’t absorb moisture which makes it very easy to clean. You don’t need any particular cleaners – just ordinary detergent and soap will take care of things.
• Laminate flooring doesn’t trap dust which makes it ideal for people who have allergies.
Sawston Carpets and Flooring come recommended for laminate flooring. They have a wide variety that you can choose from and they are all affordable.