Your doctor has recommended the use of a commode by someone in your home and you are worried that you may select the wrong one. It is true that there are many different types of commodes available in the market and choosing the right one may not be easy. Do not panic – if you know what to look for you will find just the one and if you buy from the right vendor you can return any purchase that you are not happy with. Here is what you should take into account:
• How mobile is the person that you are buying the commode for? If they are having trouble sitting down and standing up you should buy them an adjustable commode – it makes sitting and standing much easier.
• You should look into buying a commode that also serves as a chair. They usually come with a fitted cushion and can instantly be transformed for different use such as sponge baths.
• If you don’t have an exclusive bathroom for your patient you will need to move your commode often, so you should be looking for one that is made out of light weight material. There are many that are made out of plastic but you may want to consider aluminium as it is easier to clean and looks better.
• If the user has sensitive skin – as many sick people tend to have – you should be looking for a commode that is properly padded and cushioned with a soft fabric.
• Large and heavy users cannot use ordinary commodes – the likelihood of them breaking is rather high. If you cannot find what you are looking for at first glance you should talk to a reputable supplier. They can contact the manufacturer and get you a heavier commode.
Try Independence – they have some of the best commodes in the market and they can fulfil special requests. See more on https:/